Review: Art Journal 'Illuminate Your Story'





I will be reviewing 3 art journals by Ellie Claire Gifts in 3 separate posts! The first one is called 'Illuminate Your Story'. It is a beautiful hardcover with some foil in the design along with a couple of embellishments on the cover. On the spine, it has a pen loop to hold your pen. It also includes a bookmark to hold your spot in place. In the back of the book, there is a pocket that says, 'Keepsakes'. You can put letters and photos in there. Maybe even some washi tape strips or stickers to add onto your pages. 

I do like the art style in the book. Throughout the pages, you'll see how to draw the letter shapes, flourishes, and some animals. You will also see Bible quotes and other quotes at the top of the pages. Included in the middle of some of the lettering pages are facts such as this one: "Peacocks were used in early Christian art because they symbolized immortality and resurrection." 




I tried my hand at some of the lettering and it took me some time to get it the way that I wanted it. I was erasing and redoing and then going over and outlining with a micro pen and finally, I used colored pencils for coloring it in. I love how it turned out and I can't wait to do more lettering. This was a fun and relaxing experience in learning how to do some basic lettering and adding flourishes to it and other details. I enjoyed 'Illuminate Your Story' and I recommend it to any christian who loves the Word. If you write in your Bible or draw in a sketchbook, I think this will be a great asset to your time with God. It can help improve creativity! If you would love to purchase your own journal, or gift it to someone, here are a few links that you can go to:

Amazon: http://bit.ly/Illuminate-Amazon
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/Illuminate-BN


I was contacted by FlyBy Promotions to write this review. All 3 Journals were given to me by Ellie Claire Gifts to review for my readers. All opinions are our own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloggy Giveaway

Fall Y'all Bloggy Giveaway: Bath goodies!!

Review & Giveaway: Fancy Fortune Cookies